Jimmie Allen called upon an array of his artist friends for his new seven-song EP, Bettie James.
Out Friday (July 10), the collaborative project features Allen alongside Nelly, Mickey Guyton, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, Charley Pride, Tauren Wells, Rita Wilson, The Oak Ridge Boys and Noah Cyrus.
“I am a fan of every artist on this project and humbled to have each one of them be a part of it,” Allen says. “Each artist has touched the life of my dad, my grandmother and me through their music. I’m proud of this body of music and thankful to every writer that helped me create Bettie James.”
Allen co-produced the EP with Ash Bowers. The project’s title was inspired by and named after his late father, James Allen, and late grandmother, Bettie Snead, who passed away in September 2019 and February 2014 respectively.
Ahead of Friday’s release, the platinum-selling singer revealed the project’s full-tracklisting, which can be seen below.
Bettie James – Track List:
1. “Let The Good Times Roll” – Jimmie Allen, Nelly
(Jimmie Allen, Zach Kale, Cornell Haynes Jr.)
2. “Drunk and I Miss You”– Jimmie Allen, Mickey Guyton
(Tommy Cecil, Matt McGinn, Lauren LaRue)
3. “Days Made For These” – Jimmie Allen, Tim McGraw
(Jimmie Allen, Rob Grimaldi, Riley Biederer)
4. “Freedom Was A Highway”– Jimmie Allen, Brad Paisley
(Jimmie Allen, Ash Bowers, Matt Rogers)
5. “Why Things Happen” – Jimmie Allen, Darius Rucker, Charley Pride
(Jimmie Allen, Tate Howell, Cary Barlowe, Brandon Day)
6. “When This Is Over” – Jimmie Allen, Tauren Wells, Rita Wilson, The Oak Ridge Boys
(Zach Kale, Jon Nite, Laura Veltz)
7. “This Is Us”– Jimmie Allen, Noah Cyrus
(Noah Cyrus, Tyler Hubbard, Jordan Schmidt, Ilsey Juber, Dernst “D’Mile” Emile II)