Kelsea Ballerini is hard is work on her third studio album and it appears she’s just as excited about her new music as her fans are because she’s been dropping details about the album on Twitter left and right.
One scroll through the superstar’s social feed will reveal several details about the much-anticipated follow-up to 2017’s Unapologetically.
Late last month she commented on her new music in a social post writing, “These songs feel more personal and more rooted in my truth than ever before and I can’t wait to share them with you. Thanks for being on this journey with me and being patient while I try to whip up some magic. Off to the studio!”
Later, she dropped a handful of teasers in reply to fans’ questions about the record.
What we know about Kelsea Ballerini’s third album so far…
- Her new single is dropping in the “fall-ish.”
- The album will be out in 2020.
- She describes the vibe of her new single as “country, songwriter, honest” and says the album can be described as “self-aware.”
- Ballerini wrote over 100 songs for the project.
- She plans to tour in support of the album.
- Keeping with tradition, her third album will include a song she wrote by herself. “I have had a solo write on both of my records so far and am making it a tradition for the rest,” she recently shared. “Soooo I cut it this week and it started as a poem that I posted about writing on insta awhile back.”
- The album will include at least one collaboration.
- She hasn’t decided on a title yet but plans to confirm one later this month after attending one more songwriter retreat.
- The music video for the lead single was filmed in Los Angeles on Monday (July 15). Ballerini said it’s a “special one.”
While it’s unclear when fans will get their first taste of Ballerini’s next project, it’s apparent that it will be worth the wait.
Ballerini will co-host CMA Fest with Thomas Rhett and special guest host Bobby Bones on Sunday, Aug. 4 at 8/7c on ABC. See a sneak peek HERE.