Lindsay Ell’s vulnerable new album, Heart Theory, is out now and the singer/songwriter is celebrating with a 24-hour global livestream.
Kicking off Thursday night at 11pm CT, the live stream features every time zone around the world and finds Ell sharing performances, stories behind some of the album’s 12 tracks and chats with special guests from around the world. The live stream is raising funds for Ell’s newly created charitable foundation, the Make You Movement, whose mission is “to help organizations that support at-risk youth, domestic abuse and sexual assault survivors by provided funds on an as-needed basis.”
Heart Theory marks Ell’s first original studio album in three years and explores the seven stages of grief: shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, testing, and acceptance.
“If theory is the science of music, heart theory is the science of a heart,” Ell previously shared of the record. “I hope this roadmap can be a comfort if you need it, reassurance when you need to remember to believe in yourself or maybe just a glimpse into a memory that’s made you who you are.”
Fans can catch Lindsay Ell’s livestream, dubbed “Lindsay Ell Around The World,” on her Instagram.
heart theory track listing (with writers)
a journey through the seven stages of grief
1. “Hits me” (Lindsay Ell, Tyler Hubbard, Corey Crowder)
2. “how good” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
3. “i don’t lovE you” (Adam Hambrick, Melissa Fuller, Neil Medley)
4. “wAnt me back” (Lindsay Ell, Kane Brown, Matt McGinn, Lindsay Rimes)
5. “get oveR you” (Lindsay Ell, Gordie Sampson, Kelly Archer)
6. “wrong girl” (Lindsay Ell, Steph Jones, Matt McGinn, Luke Niccoli)
7. “body language of a breakup” (Lindsay Ell, Laura Veltz, Sam Ellis)
8. “good on you” (Lindsay Ell, Sam Ellis, Micah Premnath)
9. “The oTHEr side” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn)
10. “gO to” (Lindsay Ell, Nicolle Gaylon, Jordan Reynolds)
11. “make you” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
12. “ReadY to love” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn, Joey Hyde)