CMT is joining forces with Switched On Entertainment to present a virtual uplifting celebration to honor the COVID-19 frontline workers during the just announced CMT Celebrates Our Heroes: An Artists of the Year Special.
The two-hour special will air on June 3 at 8 p.m. ET/PT and will feature at-home performances from some of country music’s biggest stars, including Brothers Osborne, Florida Georgia Line, Kelsea Ballerini, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Miranda Lambert, Thomas Rhett and more to be announced.
Additionally, the CMT special will feature one-of-a-kind tributes, callouts and performances from some of country music’s biggest superstars, all filmed directly from their own homes and virtually produced by CMT.
In words and music, the star-studded lineup will recognize COVID-19 heroes including but not limited to the following:
- Healthcare Workers: Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, ambulance drivers and EMT’s fighting the heroic battle to treat the sick and dying while putting their own health risks aside.
- Food Industry: Farmers, distributors, migrant workers and truckers helping to provide the food that restaurants and grocery workers put on our tables.
- American Ingenuity: Big industry and small businesses who are retrofitting their production lines to provide ventilators, personal protective equipment and hand sanitizers, along with the scientists who are racing the clock to develop effective treatments that will stem the tide until a vaccine is perfected.
- Infrastructure: Educators, delivery drivers, sanitation workers and utility laborers who are necessary to maintain our way of life.
- U.S. Military: Active and reserve military personnel who have answered the call to step up for any duty large or small, and their families who are left to navigate these uncertain times alone.
- First Responders: Fire departments and law enforcement officers who continue to protect our homes, families and our country.
CMT Celebrates Our Heroes: An Artists of the Year Special will air on June 3 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CMT.