After releasing a surprise new single last week, Rascal Flatts added to the excitement with the announcement of a brand new, seven-song EP.
Out July 31 via Big Machine Records, the How They Remember You EP includes the trio’s latest single and title track as well as a heartfelt cover of Kenny Rogers’ “Through The Years.” The project was co-produced by the members of Rascal Flatts and features cuts from famed songwriters like Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Josh Osborne, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley and more.
“We are so excited about our new EP and single, ‘How They Remember You,’” Gary LeVox shared in a statement. “It’s a song about what kind of impact and legacy you want to leave in life. It’s a fantastic song to celebrate 20 years of making music together. It’s an incredible message with a melody to match and we hope the fans love it, and that whatever legacy we all leave behind, it’s beautifully impactful.”
The new music comes as Rascal Flatts was set to embark on their summer farewell tour, however, the headlining trek was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“2020 is still an important year for us as a band and a milestone we want to celebrate with our fans, so please stay tuned for some fun surprises coming your way soon,” the group told fans after cancelling the tour. “We love you and can’t thank you enough for being on this journey with us! Thank you for understanding.”
Rascal Flatts’ How They Remember You EP Track List:
1. “How They Remember You” | Marc Beeson, Josh Osborne, Allen Shamblin
2. “Feel It In The Morning” | Zach Beeken, Jared Keim, Jenn Schott, Will Weatherly
3. “Quick, Fast, In A Hurry” (featuring Rachel Wammack)| Kelly Archer, AJ Babcock, Pete Good, Brandon Ratcliff
4. “Looking Back” | Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Thomas Rhett
5. “Warmer” | Fancy Hagood, David Hodges, Brett McLaughlin
6. “Sip Away” | Zach Beeken, Jacob Durrett, Jared Keim, Garrett Nichols, Jason Sellers
7. “Through The Years” | Steve Dorff, Marty Panzer